Saturday, June 1

3rd Elimination Ceremony

Hey everybody!

Finally, I'm here with the elimination post. I just can't believe it how everything went out of control this season. You know, this is the 12th week and we are still stuck at Task 3. This is just inacceptable and I'm just upset about myself. I'm upset that I've been neglecting RNTM for so long. I'm upset that I had to wait for judge's replies and contestant's entries for so long in the past few weeks. But in fact it's all my fault and I'm terribly sorry about that. I really want the Finale to take place in the first week of July, that's why our schedule will get pretty tight.

Anyway, let's go on with the elimination ceremony. Jovana8 decided to leave the competition before she could do her task, so there are only 12 girls left. She will still appear in the Cycle 6 opener and will be part of the Top 13 catwalk show in the Finale!

Cathy, Manda and me had a look at your entries, here are the results.

LoveGossip4Life



Punctual as always! Lindsey, I think your headshot it genius. I like the beautiful make-up and how you included your hands in this photo. I would publish this in a magazine like this right away! On the other hand, your ice princess shoot is a bit of a failure. The backgroud does NOT look like an ice cave and I really don't like this vintage sepia effect that you put on the photo. Basically it's a beautiful graphic, but you missed the theme :/
The headshot is phenomenal, a bit more eye-liner and it would have been perfect! I also like the second photo, but unfortunately I don't see any similarities with an ice cave. The dress fits the theme, though.
I totally am a fan of your make-up shoot, it was a very creative idea to play with your hands. But I don't like your second photo so much. Of course, it's an awesome graphic, but you didn't follow the task by 100 %. There's no ice cave and no actual gown. Nevertheless you did a great job!
Well, dear Lindsey, keep up the good work but make sure to follow the tasks given. I'm already looking forward to seeing your next entry. Congratulations, you are in the next round!


Rei1981



Your photos turned out to be quite beautiful. I like the headshot very much, I like the original pose and the make-up up is indeed extravagant. I personally like the ice princess shoot better, it looks so beautiful. Great dress, I like the matching make-up and the super pretty background! However, it is still improvable. You have to work on your skin shading technique and the dress could use some more shadows. Sadly, the hair looks awful, you really gotta work on your hair shading.
I also like the headshot very much, the make-up is outstanding and the pose is great. Here's a little tip for you to make it look even better: You should watch your shading on the neck and the shoulders. I don't like the second photo better because the hair looks like a wig. Furthermore, it is definitely not a short dress which actually was part of the task. Apart from that, I agree with you, Rafael.
Beautiful entries, but they don't completely blow me away. But still, very beautiful. Maybe you should work on your graphic skills a little big so that it doesn't look so blurry.
Well Reina, it looks like you are going into the next round. Congratulations!


maexchen_pink



Hmm, I'm not impressed by these entries. The headshot is awful. I mean, it has such a low and bad quality. The make-up is not fitting the theme and I don't understand your idea with the roses, it looks awkward. The ice princess shoot is definitely better, but still not good. The pose is bad and the dress isn't my cup of tea although it follows the task given.
The idea is okay, but nothing special. Especially the execution is very bad. The headshot is just a blurry screenshot! We expect more in such a competition with a high standard. I agree with Rafael about the ice princess shoot - the dress isn't that bad, but it would have been better if it was blue. Only the hair and the butterflies bug me, none of these fit the task theme nor the graphic.
I guess that didn't work out. The headshot is totally boring. Even though the idea of the ice princess shoot was good it happened to be poorly executed.
Oh my, I really don't know what I should do with you. Shall I give you another chance or not? I can't tell you  at the moment, you will have to wait for the end of the elimination ceremony. Sorry! :/


Aeon_Flux_96



You somehow managed to take some steps backwards from task to task! Girl, what happened?? The headshot doesn't look good, the hands look weird in both photos, the make-up isn't extravagant or outstanding and I better not start about the "hair" (if you can even call it hair). Basically, I like the ice princess photo, it reminds me a little bit of Sailor Neptune. I like the pose and the dress, also the glitter effect. But the hair looks extremely awful, you sure have to work on that.
Unfortunately, you look very masculine on your make-up photo (with the make-up you even look androgynous). The graphic is very blurry, please take less of the Gaussian blur! Therefore the shoot is rather boring and it is neither feminine nor pretty. I like your idea of the ice princess shoot, the dress looks good and I don't have much to say against the hair. But what is that on the arms? Cuffs? It doesn't fit the theme at all, also the sking is poorly shaded. All in one is is okay.
I see potential in you. You have lovely ideas, but the hair and the hands are waay too blurry. You should practice more on that!
I'm so sorry but I also can't tell you our decision now, you are in the Bottom 2!


Cheekycazbo1



Wow, Carrie this is so beautiful! The headshot looks stunning, I really like the make-up and the color scheme, but you should still work on your neck shading. The ice princess photo turned out so wonderfully! The background is well done, the pose is super, the dress and the make-up, too. I just think you should shade your skin better/darker and work on the details in your hair styles. Apart from that, it's one of the strongest entries.
I don't like the make-up shoot as much as you do, Rafael, but it's still good. I'm a little on the fence with the color scheme, but all in one it's pretty acceptable. The second photo is really super. I looked at it and asked myself if it really was Carrie! I'm glad you went for a different hair color. My only concern is that it looks like you only have one leg.
The headshot is truly extravagant, I like it. The ice princess shoo is also very beautiful and very cute.
Well done Carrie, you are in the next round!


Coolgirl185



I refuse to comment this piece of crap! Oh, I just did ...
You know, if you don't have enough time then you should create a stunning make-up but a simple background, that would have been better than an average make-up with a bad pose and background. About the ice princess shoot ... Okay, what shoot? I neither see an ice cave nor a princess, honestly this is just anything. The shading on the dress is quite nice, but that's the only positive thing about it.
I don't like it, sorry!
*sigh* I know you've been trying hard and that you didn't have enough time for the tasks, but your task look rushed - which they probably are - and I can't see any improvement. I'm terribly sorry, but you have to leave the competition. I hope you've enjoyed being a contestant and I wish you all the best!


Alex.kolonia999



I'm sorry but I really don't like the headshot. The make-up, the hair and the look in your eyes are weird. But I like those silver dot thingies that decorate your face. The ice princess photo is okay but way too blurry. I don't like the fact that you don't have a proper background, there's no ice cave. You know, that photo reminds me of an american high school girl going to prom.
The headshot isn't my cup of tea, the eyes are pretty but therefore the rest is even worse. I don't think that the ice princess shoot is that bad, compared to some other entries it's actually good and if there was a right background it would have been quite acceptable!
To be honest, I somehow the make-up seems quite pretty to me, but it also looks a little flat. The second photo is okay but nothing outstanding.
You know, I was quite disappointed by these entries of yours as you did such a lovely job at Task 2. I hope you can impress us more in the next round, congratulations!


Mangunmeetan



Wonderful, fantastic, breathtaking, ... I can't stop enjoying your photos. You did an excellent job, especially on the second photo! I love extravagant headshot, the background, dress, even those little details such as "decoration" in your face.
I like how your headshot reaminds me a big of India and that you are a perfect model for that job. The ice princess shoot is wonderful - awesome atmosphere, awesome graphic, awesome model. My only concern is that the task required a short dress, it would be helpful to read the given task ^.~
These are some really strong entries!!
Awesome headshot, awesome ice shoot. Both entries fit the theme very well. The dress on the second photo is gorgeous.
Mangun, you actually have good chances to become winner of the week. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing more in the next round! ;)


Sweetpiink1999



Oh, look who wants to become better than the others so silently, haha. The heashot is so beautiful, I like the extravagant make-up. I just love the second photo, it's something different. Not so neat, nice and pretty as some other ice shoots before, but it's rather mysthical and arcane. I can truly say that you managed to create two outstanding photos. By the way, I see you improved your hair, well done!
The make-up is cool, but the way you presented it isn't my cup of tea, I mean it looks weird because there is no hair. The ice princess shoot turned out really great! You should still work a bit on your hair so that your forehead doesn't look so big any more. Then you have good chances to come far in this competition! 
Yes, indeed Cathy! Manda, what do you think about Minh's entries?
I don't like the headshot so much. Of course it is pretty, very simple, but the face shading bugs me. But it's really nice compared to other entries. The ice princess shoot looks very mysthical, enchanting and beautiful!
Minh, you really did a great job, that's why you are in the next round. Congratulations!


muffins97


Wow, what a professional headshot, many Stardollian magazines can only dream about such a beauty editorual. Excellent work, it's just so sad that we don't have your second photo yet :(
The headshot is stunning! Wonderul make-up, all in one it looks very fierce. But please watch out how you organise yourself and your time! You won't be able to win this competition if you only send in half of your work.
Wow, what a great headshot, it is veeery detailed. It's such a great result!
Dear Tanja, I of course expect you to send us the second part as soon as possible. I hope you will be punctual next time. Welcome in the next round!


juju_001



I really like the headshot, it looks very professional, unfortunately the make-up isn't really extravagant. I like your second photo as well, I love the background but I dislike the fact that your dress doesn't fit the theme.
I agree with you, Rafael. I was actually surprised that the graphics has such a good quality. My favorite photo is the headshot.
I also agree with you guys! The headshot is really pretty, but it isn't very outstanding. I'm a big on the fence about the ice princess shoot - I mean, the background is veeery beautiful but the dress doesn't fit into the task's theme.
Overall you did a great job, Juliet, although there were still some little things that didn't work out so well such as the choice of clothing and make-up. But I'm sure you will do it better in the next round as I see potential in you!


KatyPerrydu56



Last but not least ... Nina! Actually, the headshot didn't turn out so well, the make-up is very simple (but an extravagant make-up was required) and the hand needs some more shading. On the other hand, the ice princess photo is absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad that you actually listened to Cathy and followed her advice. You made your own graphic and the result is amazing!
I'm glad you agree with me now, Rafael ^.~
You know, I don't think the headshot is that bad - I can see that you really put effort into this. Here are some tips so that it will look even better next time: Add some shadows where your hand touches the face so that it looks more 3D. You could also make the mouth bigger. I am really glad that you followed my advice, Nina. Especially in comparison with other contestants, your graphic quality isn't very bad - you aren't the best, but I believe that you can improve enormously. You proved that in your ice princess photo, the dress is gorgeous. Keep up the good work!
Although I found the allusion if Cathy would be pleased a bit confusing, you deliverd us beautiful results. The headshot is very average, but on the other hand the ice princess shoot recoups everything. Well done!
Nina, I'm really happy that you could improve so much and I hope you will become even better. I see so much potential in you and I'm glad to tell you that you are in the next round!!


Two people are still left: Aeon_Flux_96 and maexchen_pink. Only one of you still has the chance to become Rafael's Next Top Model. Is it Giselle or Sara?
The one that still has the chance .... is ....
Giselle aka Aeon_Flux_96!! Congratulations :)
Sara, I'm really sorry that it wasn't enough this time. I wish you all the best for your future!

The next task will be posed in a few hours. Oh, and in case you are wondering (and I know that at least two of you are) ... yes, I published this post one and a half hours ago while it was still unfinished. I actually just wanted it to look like it was posted on Saturday. xD
You know, I stayed up for so long just to finish the post for you guys! If you excuse me now, I'm going to bed because I'm extremely tired. Thanks again for your patience!

Stay tuned,
xoxo Rafael


7 comments:

Juliet B said...

Where i am ? :000
I am not on the 12 girl and i am not in the elimination , where i am ??????

Juju_001

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand at all. I don't know who are selected and who aren't. Please can you give our a good translation in english :) ? Thank you

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, but i'm soo sorry for my first work, i know it isn't very good, i made it quickly compared to my other graphics..
Thank you again for your advice :)

Aeon_Flux_96 said...

Oh my! I still on the competition! I always feel like im going to have a heart-attack when I read the Elimination Ceremony's...
Thank you very much for this chance to still in the competition! I'll give my best on the next tasks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for allowing me to stay in the competition! I actually have a trick up my sleeve for the next task - and trust me, it's going to be way out of my comfort zone, so cross my fingers I'll execute it properly ;)

Reina said...

Wow, thanks!! And thank you for the advices about graphics.
Enjoy your weekend!
Xoxo
Rei

Beth Elencia/pavlovagurl said...

Most of the entries were good, sadly I can't say that for all of them but still..
Also, I'm now wondering what this trick is Lindsey!